So I have just returned from a weekend in Greece for a friends wedding and thought I would share a few of my tips when flying and traveling abroad.
- Pack your essentials (anything you rely on when pregnant, some of mine are probiotics, snacks, plain rice cakes, dairy free milk etc.
- At the airport, avoid the walk through scanner at security (tell them you are pregnant & they will let you walk through the side & pat you down by hand).
- Ensure you have enough bottled water on you always (on the plane & when you are away).
- Try and move when your on the plane (I’m sure you will do a few trips to use the toilet too) wear soaks & circle your ankles & stretch your legs out.
- When eating out avoid high mercury fish (swordfish) ensure all food is correctly cooked especially if you eat meat & I would stay away from eggs unless they are pasteurised & well cooked.
- I have found staying out of the sun & heat really helps, if you love having a golden tan too (I also find it makes me feel more confident in a bikini) then I recommend a fake tan before you go Vita Liberata spray tan or they do a self tan too, they are organic & I was recommended to use this brand whilst pregnancy).
- Get enough sleep & rest, make sure you don’t over do it or over plan. Being away can be a great way to relax & seems to help morning sickness too.
Hope these help & if you are going away enjoy your holiday. 🙂
Lots of love,